TOR: Communications/Monitoring and Learning Officer
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Communications/Monitoring and Learning Officer
Duration of engagement: 12 months, with possibility for extension
Percentage of engagement: Full time, 100%
Overall Objective of the Activity
Addressing present reconciliation needs between different ethnic groups in Kosovo on the individual, community, and institutional levels. The ultimate goal of the Activity is to contribute to having a society where there is proactive cooperation, peaceful co-existence of various groups, and democratic values for all citizens. Additionally, an added value and effort through this Activity is to advocate for societal and institutional changes influencing public policies and ensuring good governance and respect for human rights.
Purpose of the Assignment
The Communications /Monitoring and Learning Officer will be responsible for leading the communications or public relations actions within the Reconciliation and Conflict Transformation (#RCT) Activity. The Communications Officer will work in close cooperation with the management of the organization to develop and implement communications strategies and goals. They will be responsible for the content creation, content management, and outreach of the Reconciliation and Conflict Transformation (#RCT) activities on official social media platforms to further strengthen the #RCT’s online visibility and further outreach to a broader audience. In addition, this person will also be responsible for ensuring the application of the “do no harm policy”, collecting data for the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (MELp), collecting data to regularly update the MELp, project relevant reporting, and updating the plan and indicators on a yearly basis. The officer will ensure that the team is updated accordingly on the MELp progress and advise on the set outputs in order to reach the projected indicators.
Duties and Responsibilities
Appointed communications officer to be engaged in the following:
- Work closely with the RCT Team, and CBM management to ensure that relevant activity materials such as success stories, donor reports, proposals, factsheets, infographics, etc. are developed and disseminated to donors and target groups through relevant media and network channels.
- Assist program officer(s) in the proposal development stage to identify appropriate communication activities for the projects.
- Create content for the published materials, pamphlets, visual documentation, and support the think-tank in the promotion of the research and studies.
- Develop and maintain contact information, materials, and relationships with Kosovo journalists and media outlets (print, TV, radio, web etc.) to increase coverage of the Activity.
- Draft and edit articles, press releases, human interest stories, and other advocacy/information materials.
- Collaborate with the media by organizing project site visits, facilitate photo coverage and TV footage, and utilizing both web-based and traditional media as appropriate.
- Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials.
- Maintain an online database of the Activity material.
Digital Communications/Social media maintenance
- Regular updates of the RCT website and social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube) such as daily monitoring, posting, and content development.
Brand and Communications
- Assist the Chief of Party and other staff at public events.
- Ensure timely and quality production of branding materials such as annual and donor outreach reports, capturing picture stories, videos, etc.
- Develop and archive communication materials, including digital, such as publications, press releases, clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources, etc.
- Closely following donors’ visibility guidelines and applying it to the RCT Activity’ needs.
- Making sure that partners or any party involved in the Activity are applying donor visibility requirements.
- Assist in organizing and generating public support for special events and campaigns to promote Activity goals.
- Support the organization of workshops, seminars, campaigns, events, and project review meetings including agendas and meeting minutes.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of communication materials and advocacy events/campaigns to target audiences for the purposes of reporting.
- Setting indicators against outputs in a timely manner and in line with the Activity planning.
- Update the plan accordingly.
- Inform the team on any possible changes, advise with according to procedures to be followed when organizing activities.
- Reporting quarterly and yearly on the progress.
- Updating MELp on a quarterly period if needed.
- Updating indicators accordingly and informing the team about the progress for future planning.
Experience and knowledge:
- Minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience in a communication role;
- Poses a satisfactory knowledge of desktop publishing software (i.e. Photoshop, and/or other designing tools).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Proficient in oral and written English Language.
- Understanding other local languages different from their mother tongue is an asset.
- Experience in writing, monitoring, and reporting MELp
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. The candidate should have a high level of integrity, accountability, and punctuality and be willing to work independently and within the team.
Deadline and submission of expression of interest
Interested parties should submit the following cover letter and CV to email@example.com with mail subject: RCT: Communications / MEL Officer
Deadline to apply: June 29, 2023, at 16:00h New deadline: July 7, 2023 at 16:00